Are you wanting to be involved in the school and fun events? Then the PA is perfect for you! We are looking for Board Positions to be filled. We are having our next meeting on Wednesday June 6th at 6:00pm. This is the last meeting of the school year and we will be voting on the Board for next school year. Please Here are the positions that are available:
President (required position)
- Organize & lead PA meetings
- Oversee & coordinate all other positions
- Liaison with staff
- Point of contact for parents
- Signature on PA bank account
Parliamentarian/Secretary (required position)
- Record & publish meeting minutes from each PA meeting
- File minutes in PA google drive
Communications Chair (required position)
- Oversee all communications between PA & parents
- Compile & send out weekly email with upcoming calendar of events
- Use School Messenger for PA emails
- Coordinate translation to Spanish
Coordinates all activities directly related to fundraising. Manages chair persons that have taken on individual fundraising activities (examples below).
- Arranges after school food sales such as Fiji Yogurt & Jamba Juice
- Coordinates Passive Fundraisers such as: Escrip, Ralphs, Amazon, OhmConnect, Mogl, etc. Works with Parent Liaison to market programs
- Manages Food (Dinner) Fundraising at Back to School and June Exhibition Nights with Pizza or Taco Stand
- Holiday Bake Sale with HTMMA (Chairperson)
- Logo Wear Sales (Chairperson)
- Gift Cards (Chairperson)
Grade Level Parents
Recommend two parents (min) per grade – ideally one from each ½ of the grade so they can work directly with the teaching group of their child.
Work directly with teachers to:
- Maintain their wishlists on Amazon.com
- Provide information on wishlist requests to communications chair for distribution to ONLY the grade level families, not to the entire school. This will keep the requests fresh and relevant to parents.
- Support teachers for projects, field trips, etc.
- Coordinate with teachers on Teachers in a Club events, if applicable
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating the PA website located at http://hthmapa.blogspot.com/.
- Posts communications submitted in ready post format from officers and chairs.
- Previous website design experience NOT necessary! Training provided if needed!
Coming up this week:
- May 21st – May 24th – 11th Grade Smarter Balance Testing. – Special thank you to those of you who donated snacks for the kids.
- May 23rd – Early Releas3 – 2:30pm-3:30pm
- May 25th – May 28th – No school
Any questions or interest in the PA Board - please feel free to contact Veronica McGrew @ email@example.com